Hair.js

Hello,

> Peter

I fixed distorted bug. please check the latest zip file. but, 'face to cam' option only works for simple x-z plane by current limitation. :(

> Meshman

wow, nice render. dof so effective. thanks for using this scirpt. I am wondering how long you need time for rendering this.:?

regards.

tg_jp, Hiroto.

Glad you like the render Hiroto. This one took about 40 minutes (800x600 res) on my 1.66GHz Intel Core Duo Mac Mini. The dof slows it down quite a bit and I also upped the antialiasing to make sure the hairs didn't have any jagged edges. I usually do mini renders to check out how it looks and then put the main render on while I go and have a cup of tea :smile:

Hello,
> Meshman

wow, nice render. dof so effective. thanks for using this scirpt. I am wondering how long you need time for rendering this.:?

regards.

tg_jp, Hiroto.

Greg, I didn't keep the file unfortunately (well I did for the final scene but the script info was lost when I made the meshes editable) but I'll knock up another similar hairy object and post it here in a few days.

WOW! Meshman that looks fantastic:icon_thumbup:! DOF and everything;). Great use of textures. I'm also trying to make grass. Would Peter and Meshman post there settings?
Wonder full script. One of your best for sure:icon_thumbup:.

Thanks,
Greg

Attachments

• furball.jpg
    furball.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 1,291
Hi,
Thanks a lot for explaining. You didn't have to go to all that trouble. I'll try to mimic your plant.

Thanks a lot,
Greg

hello,

thanks you for trying. please check 'update' button after placing base object as Hair object's child.

regards.

tg_jp, Hiroto.

Hello,

sorry, I think you use version 2.6.1 or 3.4, this script works for 3.5 above unfortunately. :(

regards.

tg_jp, Hiroto.

Hello,

sorry, this is polygon script. please place it into ~/Library/Application Support/Cheetah3D/scripts/Polygonobj folder, and relaunch Cheetah3D.app.

Tool -> tool script
Splineobj -> spline script
Polygonobj -> polygon script
Tag -> tag script
Macro -> macro script

regards.

tg_jp

--------

Back