Piano Grand

Piano Grand

I modelled this for a school project. Because I only had twelve hours in which to make it, I didn't pay any attention at all to keeping the poly count low - and as such, this scene has more than 310'000 polygons (and twice as many triangles).

ph34r.

Attachments

• piano_final_166.jpg
    piano_final_166.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 1,642
Hi,
your piano looks great. And don't worry about the pedals. I, as a non musician, didn't even realize that they were missing. :wink:

But piano chair could also solve the problem too. 8)

By,
Martin

Good job

Good job Randy,

Can you give a newcomer an idea how you got started to create the piano... I experimented a bit with all the tools and possibilites but am still way off to get any "ok-looking" structure going...

Cheers!

EK

Hi, Erich.

Yep, my real name is David. =)

Basically, all that I did to create the piano was to create a large spline in the shape of the piano itself (with one flat edge where I closed the spline). Then I extruded that with a small rectangular spline, edited it's shape, and then made it editable.

Then, for the wooden "slats", I made some curvy splines and extruded some small rectangles along them. Easy.

Everything else is just boxes that have had their shape edited. Try making something like this, you'll be surprised by how easy it is.

thanks...

Hi David,

I appreciate your comments and gonna try... my problem is to see some steps ahead what is needed... yesterday I created something basic (nevertheless an eye opener for me) and then tried to go back into the early stages to change something - because I didn't see it - and I could not get back anymore...

Anyway, I keep fiddling...

Thanks!

Erich

Back