Photshop and HDR's

Martin

for the hosting of the HDRIs you set up a section only for registered C3d users... that should then cut out the poachers looking for hdris only and may enourage more people to buy C3d :)

Jake

yoou are doing some fantastic work there with the hdri... and the faked version seems to be working as good as if they were the real thing... at least to the not trained and somewhat anal eye... :)

cheers
Trevor

Jake, these are great - you da man!

I agree with Trevor - there is a strange collection of HDRi's on the net, nothing really caught my fancy, you're stuff however is great!

Can you tell me whether you can blur the background in Photoshop prior to using it in Cheetah? Or whether there is a depth of field toggle in CHeetah. As personally, for interior shots I would rather see the background slightly blurred to give more emphasis to what you are looking at.

That's a good question Allister. When using Cheetah I usually do it in Photoshop, but I have done a couple blurry HDRI's. Probably not a bad idea to have one of each, depending on the application since Cheetah does not support DOF...yet. Also, since Photoshop now supports 32-bit files, it should be a snap to have a couple versions.

Usually the HDRI's you snag off the the web are so bad that they look out of focus.

I promised a tutorial on making them, but I have been so busy the last couple week that I haven't had a chance.

Anybody else out there with the new Photoshop yet? Am I holding anyone up? If so, holler and I'll move the tutorial up the list.

Back