Posting images

Posting images

Hello,
Sorry for this basic question.
I feel kind of stupid as I have not been able to find a way to post images other than including an html link in the post itself pointing to an external site (I mean using the Img tab button in the post topic window). I looked at the other posts in this forum that are including images and the images are all pointing to an external site.
Does this means that if I don't have a site to host the image, I can't post it ? I was more or less expecting a button to upload a file somewhere and I can't find it. And the FAQ doesn't help on this either.
So, thank you to point me in the right direction.

There is a mod for phpBB2 allowing you to attatch files. There are also lots of other cool mods for phpBB. If Martin needs any help, I have had quote a bit of experience with this forum software.

Francois said:
Does this means that if I don't have a site to host the image, I can't post it ?
Yes, that it right. But if you want to post some nice images I would host the images for you. Just send the images to me via email and I will send you the link.

klindeman said:
There is a mod for phpBB2 allowing you to attatch files. There are also lots of other cool mods for phpBB. If Martin needs any help, I have had quote a bit of experience with this forum software.

Yes, I would be interested in that. Would it to possible to constrain the image file size? And how difficult is it to mod the forum. Please could you send me the information to my email address.

Many thanks in advance,
Martin

Thank you very much again Martin.

For eventual future references by other members, I will add here that most Internet providers include some Web space with the montly fee that they charge. So, even if there is no Web site, there is still some storage space available for images.
This was my case and I realize it only after my original email.

Back