First C3d effort

First C3d effort

Hi all

Here is my first C3d modelling and rendering effort. Any suggestions as to how to improve the realism of the glass?

Whats the best way to place the "Lavazza" decal on the capuccino mug? Can I somehow knock out the text by using alpha channels?

Martin, this is one great app and certainly represents value for money. Is there any method of marquee selection or do all vertexs, edges and polys need to be selected individually?

Cheers

Attachments

• coffee-scene-3_197.jpg
    coffee-scene-3_197.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 1,600
Excellent work Ringo68, this is a very good first render.

Whats the best way to place the "Lavazza" decal on the capuccino mug?
Em, I haven't had a go at placing image maps yet, let me see what I can do.

Martin, this is one great app and certainly represents value for money. Is there any method of marquee selection or do all vertexs, edges and polys need to be selected individually?
I think Martin is working on group selection for the next Beta version.
[/quote]

Whats the best way to place the "Lavazza" decal on the capuccino mug?
Ok I've had a go and attached an example. The best way to attached a decal is described in C3D help under UV Tag. :lol:

Attachments

• cup_test_196.jpeg
    cup_test_196.jpeg
    27.9 KB · Views: 1,698
Can I somehow knock out the text by using alpha channels?

1. In your image editing software add an alpha channel and write your text.
2. Save it as a .Tiff, which stores alpha channel information.
3. Go back to C3D and made a super texture.
4. Open the Colour Texture section and select the image you saved with the alpha channel information.
5. Scroll down to transparency and select, use alpha channel.

I've attached an example, I hope it helps. :D

The glass looks pretty darn good to me. I don't know how you would improve it unless add a few more highlights. You would probably have to cheat and add a reflecting white card or something just as you would in a studio situation. I'd be interested in seeing the settings you used for the glass.

The whole things looks very good for your first render!

Re: First C3d effort

ringo68 said:
Is there any method of marquee selection or do all vertexs, edges and polys need to be selected individually?

I'm almost done with marquee selection. It will be in the next update.
Meanwhile you can increase the selection radius of the paint selection to speed selection up.

By,
Martin

Fused

I was sort of working on that track but the alpha section of my decal comes out grey not transperant. I must have things mucked up somehow. Will keep fooling around

Thanks

Ringo
I'm trying to sort out an example but my image editor seems to be crashing every time I try and alter my alpha channel. Why don't thing work when you want to (or is it just that they seem that way). :wink:

Glad to help.

Back