3rd Cheetah3D-Contest

Hi,
first of the country where you come from doesn't matter. Everybody is welcome of course.

You are allowed to make a scenery around your car. No problem. As I said as long as there are vehicles on the image it is OK.;)

Bye,
Martin

Queary

Hey
I have a render of a skateboard that I recently finished, but I'm not sure if a skateboard is realy vehicle or a mode of transport. It's
more of a toy! Is it enterable?

Hi,
a skateboard can move you from A to B so I would say it is a vehicle. Feel free to use your skateboard for the contest.

Bye,
Martin

i´m worrying about cheating. net is full of free car models. Just download and import to cheetah. So its pretty easy to enter to the contest with beautiful car, which is actually downloaded from net. Ofcource, i wont do like that - my own car model is almost done. Maybe Martin should add a rule that something else should be on the picture too. Guz, i dont want to lose to a cheater. I´m not saying, that somebody of you is a cheater, but this possibility remains.
I hope you all got my idea. Good luck for modellers!;)
Sorry about ma terrible english.
Margus16

Hi,
On most big fourms that might be a probolm but I think that everyone here is honest and wouldn't think of cheating. Maybe Martin can figure a code to put on the image.

Greg

-- Cheating

i´m worrying about cheating. net is full of free car models.

I'm really agree with you.

Everyone could find a free model, import in C3D, and render it.

Cheating is always "behind the corner".

I will be honest, (I'm just modelling in spare time, and I have all the version of .jas file, from early start to version.... let me see... 29, so there are also all the steps to ... - i hope - ...the finel model), and I'd like the all the partecipants make the same.

good luck,
bye.

Hi,
I can't guarantee that there will be no cheating. But I will do my best to avoid it. There are some Cheetah3D specific things where I can see if it was done with Cheetah3D. But that isn't 100% secure of course.

There is also no way to protect to 100% against cheating. If someone really wants to cheat he will probably find a way. A good example is Apple. I'm sure Apple invested a lot of human resources to lock OS X to Apple hardware. Nevertheless OS X has been hacked to run on normal x86 PC's.

I just hope that anybody is honest and will respect the rules. And how much is a prize worth if you haven't won it honestly?

Last but not least I'm sure that Cheetah3D users don't cheat. :smile:

Bye,
Martin

Hi,
a normal attachment is fine. But if you prefere to .zip it you can also zip it. No problem.

Bye,
Martin

Back