Slightly different use of Cheetah 3D. . . (Games)

Slightly different use of Cheetah 3D. . . (Games)

unity_piddling.jpg

The landscape was modelled with Cheetah 3D and exported to 3DS, and that is a real time OpenGL rendering using a beta of the Unity engine. :)

-Jon

Hi,
very nice. You must be a happy dog if you have access to the upcoming Unity engine. I've read the interview about the Unity engine at iDevGames.com and it looks like that it will become the first "Drag and Drop" 3D game development system on the mac.
What are your experiences with Unity or are you not allowed to talk about it yet.

By,
Martin

P.S. I also wrote games in former days. For example "TheCowCatchingGame" which was the first 3D shareware game on OS X ever :)

Martin, that finally explains the cow logo in Cheetah :D .

By the way, you guys aren't the only one who uses Cheetah for game development :wink: .

Sora.

Speaking of Cows Martin.

There is a Steak House about a block from this building and they have a 15 foot high cow sculpture in front of their business. It's long been a landmark for finding the road that turns toward the University. The restaurant is moving and taking the cow with them. I suggested to the we buy the cow and keep it as a landmark atop the new Gellersen Building.

They didn't agree.

Attachments

• daisy_167.jpg
    daisy_167.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 1,862
Back