New to Modeling

New to Modeling

Hey I downloaded Cheetah 3D about six months ago and bought it five months ago. I had never done any modeling before but the tutorials were very well laid out, so I learned quickly when I had the basics down coughed up the hundred bucks, this program is very good I probably would have paid at least four hundred for it. Anyway here are some of the things I have done with it so far, I just wish that my computer was a little faster so I don’t have to wait so long for the finished product.

Attachments

• A Beter Knife.jpg
    A Beter Knife.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 524
  • Key and Chain.jpg
    Key and Chain.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 531
  • red glass rose.jpg
    red glass rose.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 521
Nice!

Hi,
First, welcome to the fourm. Very nice images:)! I really like the chain, very well done. Maybe you sould add more reflection on the knife blade and make the handle longer and thiner.

Good work,
Greg

Hi,

looks very nice - cool work! :D

My favorites are the key image and the third image with the glas rose - this are perfect! Did you made this with internal textures/shaders?

For the knife I think it needs more reflections.

Great images ... let us see more please!! :p

cheers
Wolfgang

Blade Reflection and Comments!

I think that the blade looks a litle dull because of the black background, there for the blade has nothing to refect I'll probably render another one tonight with an hdri background. I have to admit that the handle is a litle stocky, but it was late at night when I finished it. Also I'm not too keen on the wood finish the bump map is too vivid. As to the rose I saw a picture of it in your gallery and I thought I try my own version and add a little, I gave it a slightly more waxy texture and made it more rounded. Since my last post I rendered this pic it's the first face thing I've made. I think the texture looks a litle like a clear milk jug.

Attachments

• Head Plastic.jpg
    Head Plastic.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 448
Back