More undo

More undo

Yup , again, more undo required.*sigh.

I made some edge loops, bevelled said edge, but because there other edges selected on the model I have these bevels in all these places I didnt even know about, and my 30 clicks are up, and my model is screwed up :frown: . Its always after I show my clients the beautiful model that this bites me on the ass, and I have to explain that what I showed them doesn't really exist anymore. Its friggin annoying.

I dont care about the g4/g3 users, can we have some decent amounts of undo for those of us with half decent computers?

please? Or incremental autosaves?

Thanks
Aaron

Heres an screenshot. Not only did I get bevels where I didnt want them, but I deleted the edges as well. (Which was great for the part of the level I was actually working on. Shame it %^&% my model though)

I really dont care for particles, the new material system is of no interest for most game developers, and the instancing system doesnt work in Unity either.

It would be great to see more practical things added to Cheetah.

Maybe when you make an edge loop using the ring cut tool, the new loop should be the only edge selected after its execution?

But yea more undo, more undo!!!

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-04-20 at 10.47.30 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2010-04-20 at 10.47.30 PM.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 316
Or incremental autosaves?

hey aaron, we have incremental autosaves already, look under preferences - import/export at the bottom.

apart from that i need to join in for bigger undo cache :smile:

- archie

edit: i don't really know if they are incremental because i never use them - maybe it's the same file all over.

Last edited:
Autosave_001.jas
Autosave_002.jas
Autosave_003.jas
is what I mean.

having an immediate autosave is no good if you need one from earlier.

Cheers
AaronC

from the time when the bevel tool was new and crashing alot i kept the habit of manually saving before using it (same with scripts).
but of course i agree that better undo/autosave options are needed.

- archie

It just got me again, an optimise that scrunched stuff up and I discovered over 30 clicks later. Yay!

Martin can we please have more undo?

I started making a habit of saving the file under a new name if I know I'm going to be screwing around with it a lot. I think that's good practice anyway.
However, I was thinking the other day that it would be great to have a 'revert' option that reverts to the last save copy, like a lot of apps have.

Erin

Back