Two Animation Questions

Two Animation Questions

I'm rendering out a movie at 420 x 360. In the Render Manager, the aspect ratio looks correct.

Attachments

• CheetahAnimOutput-1.jpg
    CheetahAnimOutput-1.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 362
But when I play the movie in QT player, the aspect ratio is squashed to square:

Is there some sort of setting that I'm missing here?

Also, is it possible to scale an animation? I mean, I've got a 4 sec. animation. Can I stretch it out to 8 sec., doubling the number of frames between keyframes?

Attachments

• CheetahAnimOutput-2.jpg
    CheetahAnimOutput-2.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 362
Hi,
that is strange. What resolution does the Quicktime player tell you if you open the "Information" window.

I personally don't know a app which can stretch a video but I'm sure there exists some apps. I tried is with Quicktime Pro but I failed.

Bye,
Martin

Martin --

Here's the Info window. I've also tried this with several codecs (mp4, avi, .mov) -- same result.

Also, when I say scale an animation, I mean within Cheetah itself. In Lightwave, I could simply stretch the length of the animation out to any desired length, and all the relative key positions would scale themselves accordingly.

Attachments

• CheetahAnimOutput-3.jpg
    CheetahAnimOutput-3.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 352
Hi,
that is really funny. It looks like your two screenshots are an optical illusion. If you take both of the screenshots above into Photoshop and measure the size of the movie you will see that they both have 420x360. Strange.

To your question about scaling the animation. Sorry but that isn't possible yet. But it sounds like a cool feature.

Bye,
Martin

You're right! It must be the different relative sizes of the borders...

Mind you, I had a bit of a bang to me head last night at the velodrome. Maybe my perception's gone out of skew...

Animation / track scaling would be brilliant...short animation to test out cameras / lighting, etc...then stretch it out to final presentation length.

TimD said:
Mind you, I had a bit of a bang to me head last night at the velodrome. Maybe my perception's gone out of skew...

Autsch. I hope you didn't hurt to much. But don't worry I thought the same when I saw your screenshots. Even without a head bang.;)

TimD said:
Animation / track scaling would be brilliant...short animation to test out cameras / lighting, etc...then stretch it out to final presentation length.

For that task you can also render the animation with less frames per second. See the "Animation->Frames per second" menu item. Would that help?

Bye,
Martin

TimD said:

Tim

Why don't you post me the animation and I'll see if I can do what your trying to achieve and I'll post the results to you !?

Regards

Luke

PS: Did you check your options in quicktime when saving the file as whatever you render in Cheetah can be overidden in the quicktime output stage...you might have chosen a square format for a previous job !? just a thought

Last edited:
Back