glow

glow

i want to recreate a heart beat monitor and my plan is to draw out the path as a spline then use object track and i want a ball to follow the path and i want the ball to glow, what would be the best way to do this.

Hi,
that sounds difficult because Cheetah3D doesn't calculate glow yet. :roll:

A possible work around would be to make a texture with alpha channel of the green point with the glow. If you load that texture into the material check on the "use alpha channel" property. Than apply that texture to a plane object and move that plane as your glowing point. That should give a quite nice effect.

Bye,
Martin

heartbeat

Hi.
I don´t think you need a script for the monitoring, because the impulse will follow a straight line and no curves will be needed. I draw the frequence, give it a blur and an alpha, put it on a plane, placed an arealight where the red line starts at left and began keyframing. Every small amount I placed the light over the red line for a new key going just from edge to edge. The hole thing is done in about 30 min; except the rendering and the light settings. Play as loop.
Hope this helps a byte.
With kindest regards
Frank

Attachments

• Screenshot.jpg
    Screenshot.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 446
  • heartbeatsmall.mov.zip
    99.2 KB · Views: 386
My Heart Goes Boom Boom Boom ...........

Hi.
One for fun. I added one vertical greyscale alphablending for a little "aftergloweffect", and a synchro beating heart. Play as loop.

With kindest regards
Frank

Attachments

• MyHeartGoesBoom.mov.zip
    223.9 KB · Views: 388
Back