Cheetah VR

Cheetah VR

Thought I'd start a new thread in the Gallery Forum. This a continuation of a thread in the general forum. Martin, Peer and Francois got me going so I had to try a larger VR using Martin's script. Pretty basic model, but the script works just as advertised. If you ahve loaded the newest beta, try it out. What fun.

You may have to click on the screen when this comes up to make the image appear. This is older code which I need to update.

There are artifacts under the soffitt. I didn't have the settings up high enough to fix this. Next time. Sorry Martin.

http://www.designorg.com/cheetah3d/fullScreen/vr.html

Wow, that one is really huge. :D
It's good the hear that it also works with high resolutions.

By,
Martin

Martin said:
Wow, that one is really huge. :D
It's good the hear that it also works with high resolutions.

By,
Martin

I make all my vr's for full-screen delivery. With the right compression and a little care the size isn't too bad for our friends NOT on broadband and the effect is much nicer.

WOW, that is a huge VR. Have you tried making VR and movies with the new Quicktime codec. It seems to make smaller file sizes and still have a great quality. I'll have a go on another project and will try and post something this weekend. btw. did you use a bump map for the roofedge (the green part).?

peer said:
WOW, that is a huge VR. Have you tried making VR and movies with the new Quicktime codec. It seems to make smaller file sizes and still have a great quality. I'll have a go on another project and will try and post something this weekend. btw. did you use a bump map for the roofedge (the green part).?

Yes, I used a bump. I have a newer version where this is actually modeled so that it looks better up close. We are going to use this model in the Design Development pase of the expansion we are planning and we will be viewing it on a VisBox. You stand in front of a 10 foot high screen with 3d glasses and use a gameboy like controller to walk or fly though and . You actually duck you head when you come near a soffit. The image comes right off the screen! So, I wanted the extra detail. Normally a bump would be sufficient.

My goodness - I am continuously staggered by the Cheetah output I see. I can't believe that there is finally an easy piece of software on the Mac that will enable me to do this.

Jake - I don't know if you used a bump on the brick, but it may be reversed or the texture may be loaded upside down because it reads like the brick joints are projecting and casting a shadow on the brick face below.

I noticed there is a funky diagonal brick on the top surface of the planter - how did it get on a 45deg angle like that? Which reminds me - Do you ever create complementary soldier coursed brick textures - you just take the brick texture you are using and shift the alternating rows over so the vertical joints line up, and then you can use them for these "trimmed" brick surfaces to match the rest of the brick.

lavardera said:
My goodness - I am continuously staggered by the Cheetah output I see. I can't believe that there is finally an easy piece of software on the Mac that will enable me to do this.

Jake - I don't know if you used a bump on the brick, but it may be reversed or the texture may be loaded upside down because it reads like the brick joints are projecting and casting a shadow on the brick face below.

I noticed there is a funky diagonal brick on the top surface of the planter - how did it get on a 45deg angle like that? Which reminds me - Do you ever create complementary soldier coursed brick textures - you just take the brick texture you are using and shift the alternating rows over so the vertical joints line up, and then you can use them for these "trimmed" brick surfaces to match the rest of the brick.

Yea. this is an older model. I think I have my bump reversed. Didn't really it too closely. Why the texture is at a 45-I don't know. Probably carelessness. I have a different model that is better but I didn't have it at home when I was trying this new VR script.

I have not use the soldier coursed trick yet. I do it on the next version. I want to put in some trees and people so when I get to that I will fix the brick.

You have a sharp eye Greg! I knew you were a detail oriented kind of guy.

Nah - no more than any 3d modeler, if its in the model chances are you thought about it! I was just zooming in to see how high the res was!

I noticed that the sun is coming from another direction then the HDRI image suggests. Minor detail, and maybe in a next version it will be possible to rotate the HDRI map.

peer said:
I noticed that the sun is coming from another direction then the HDRI image suggests. Minor detail, and maybe in a next version it will be possible to rotate the HDRI map.

That's true too! Man, you guys are tough. I usually spin the model around so that light spot in the hdri map is on the east side (sun side). Just didn't do it for the VR.

I'll be more careful now that I know you guys are watching! :oops:

Back