I'm number 1!

Hello chaps

Nice to see some freindly faces around here :wink:

Also good to know I've got a source of inspiration too! Greg how do you find your liitle powerbook is coping with the program? Mine seems to be struggling under the pressure :cry:

Allister - I've only tried to render fairly small res images. The powerbook cranks them out, but its not setting any world records.

Allister,

I have done most of my work on my Powerbook. If you are using a couple area lights then that would slow you down a bit. These lights produce soft shadows but take a little longer.

The Gellersen model I sent to you should render pretty quickly.

Jake

About the area shadow Jake...

I was fiddling last night and put in a couple of the wire-trees from the SU forums and a cubey building... one area light... the trees gave crisp clean shadows.... the cubey building this had virtually no shadow... only the soft radiosity style ones when not really fiddling with lights... what gives with that... (can't sent the file until I get home)

cheers
Trevor

Jeez...

I have just realised... I now have yet another forum to follow... my wife is going to kill me... maybe I won't mention it to her...!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Trevor

Jake said:
Allister,

I have done most of my work on my Powerbook. If you are using a couple area lights then that would slow you down a bit. These lights produce soft shadows but take a little longer.

Jake

I've got a 867 12.1" Powerbook, with 600 and something Mb Ram.

I havn't tried your Gellerson model yet, just haven't had time ... hopefully this weekend! Mind you, the pig takes about 4-5 minuted to render, is that normal?

Allister said:
Jake said:
Allister,

Jake

I've got a 867 12.1" Powerbook, with 600 and something Mb Ram.

I havn't tried your Gellerson model yet, just haven't had time ... hopefully this weekend! Mind you, the pig takes about 4-5 minuted to render, is that normal?

My system is less powerful then yours (see my signature) but the pig is completely rendered in 121.58 seconds so from my stand of view this isn't normal :wink: .

Sora.

mmm, it obviously seemed longer :oops: I just re-rendered the pig and it did it in 103.something ... a bit quicker than yours Sora! Sorry, it's been a good few years since I was into any rendering programs, and I'm probably used to very instantaneous feedback from SU

This is so odd!

This has to be the weirdest thread ever, I mean, can you imagine? A thread about it being the first thread? That is really odd. :D

-- Jhhl

Back