.3ds setup (sketchup)

.3ds setup (sketchup)

A quick question for the sketchup uses on this forum.Suggestive ways to setup your model to export as .3ds.At the moment i make everything a separate component(glass,window frame,capping etc.)and group accordingly,same texture,colour,etc.This ables me to manipulate and apply materials to the model in cheetah.Do i need to go to this extent or is there a more productive solution.

Thanks for any help.

Re: .3ds setup (sketchup)

Royaly said:
A quick question for the sketchup uses on this forum.Suggestive ways to setup your model to export as .3ds.At the moment i make everything a separate component(glass,window frame,capping etc.)and group accordingly,same texture,colour,etc.This ables me to manipulate and apply materials to the model in cheetah.Do i need to go to this extent or is there a more productive solution.

Thanks for any help.

Royaly,

If you have a particular item in you model, say a seat cushion, then you should group it by itself. This will isolate it from other geometry, so you can do a quick subdivision to it to soften the edges or reshape it a little easier.

I don't group everything by material because I may want to do something different with that material in different spots of the model.

Jake

Back