Is there a way of...

Is there a way of...

Hi, does anyone know if there is a way to move the transform gizmo while it is being used so it's not at the selection center.
This would be really useful for, say, rotating a group of polygons while keeping one edge fixed.

Also, is it possible to make a multiple selection in the object browser?
I tried the standard shift-clicks etc. but it doesn't seem to work. I would like to put multiple items into a folder but have to drag them in one by one.

Thanks

Tom

Re: Is there a way of...

ThomasH said:
Hi, does anyone know if there is a way to move the transform gizmo while it is being used so it's not at the selection center.
This would be really useful for, say, rotating a group of polygons while keeping one edge fixed.

Also, is it possible to make a multiple selection in the object browser?
I tried the standard shift-clicks etc. but it doesn't seem to work. I would like to put multiple items into a folder but have to drag them in one by one.

Thanks

Tom

I'm not sure about the first one. I don't think so. I think you can move the box that appears. That how you control what part of the model is affected.

I am sure about the second. Martin is working on it. I've asked hime the same question a while back. I guess there are some coding issues involved, but he understands there is a need.

Hi,
moving the center of the transform gizmo or aligning the transform gizmo to edges or the surface normal isn't possible yet. But that would be a cool and handy feature. You are actually not the first who asked for that. That will come in a future release.

I also plan to add a tool which allows you to rotate a polygon, edge or point selection arround a arbitrary edge. That might be quite handy too.

Multi object selection is actually the feature for which I got the most requests over the last weeks. So it will come, it's just a matter of time.

Sorry that I couln't offer an immediate solution.

By,
Martin

Rotating a group of objects about an arbitrary axis

I would love to be able to rotate a group of objects about an arbitrary axis. I imagine shift-clicking on the objects I wish to rotate, then clicking on an edge somewhere in the entire model. I would then be able to rotate the objects around that edge.

Hi Carson,
if you want to rotate hole objets arround a edge. For example like the planets move arround the sun. Just drop the objets (planets) in a folder object and position the planets according to the folder. Now you just have to rotate the folder to make the object (planet) circle around a certain edge.

Just a small work around.

By,
Martin

Back