Different renders on different PCs

Different renders on different PCs

Strange: I have two Macs, both with SnowLeo, both with latest Cheetah and I use the identical file to render but the render result is different (lighting).

How can that be? Is there any setting that is not defined by the data file?

I am using defaults. Even when copying the renders onto another PC they look different.

Here is an example:
tQtNHNav
http://screencast.com/t/tQtNHNav

Render Preferences are identical. As said, I use the same file.

They have different monitor profiles but would they affect the rendering? It worked nice before upgrade to SnowLeopard.

Any clue?
tQtNHNav

Yes, I upgraded Cheetah on both systems to 4.7. Both SnowLeopard have all latest updates installed.

The rendered images even look clearly different when copied to a Windows PC. Above screenshot is actually composed on a Windows PC

So - that is strange.
Can you generate some color charts with identical rgb-values in some image editing app on both systems and check if these are looking different?

Cheers
Frank

I created a RGB color blending PNG, copied to the other PC and both look identical on both PCs with the normal preview program.

So here´s my last guess - next stop is sending your results directly to Martin ;)

Is there any IBL (image based lighting) involved and on one system the link to the hdri broken?

Cheers
Frank

*sigh*

You got it. Actually, the "AbsoluteWhite.tif" HDRI image from your contract work was missing. :rolleyes:

Sorry for bothering. I will slap myself three times now.

You saved me some earplugs.

I love doing my render jobs on the MacMini as you can barely hear it even with 100% CPU load.

The MacBookPro (previous model) is the exact opposite.

I have the latest 2,53Ghz 13" MBP. It gets quite warm and noisy when gaming or rendering 3d stuff. But what did you expect? It is a laptop. It doesnt have that good cooling system as Mac Mini has.
Margus

Well, if you look at the size of a MacMini, the actual *volume* that is relevant regarding the heat emission/distribution is not that different.

It seems that just the actual fan dimensions makes the difference (obviously ;-)).

The MacMini technology-wise has a very sophisticated design and as it serves as my living room media center anyway it does a nice extra job as a render slave.

Back