caustics feature request

caustics feature request

hi martin

do you also plan to include a caustic option into the radiosity engine?

claas

Hi Claas,
cautics are of course on my wish list. As almost every feature you can find in other 3D packages. :wink:
But caustics are quite on top of the big features I want to add next. Nevertheless I first have to finalize the animation a Javascript tools.

Meanwhile use the tools which are available today. Trust me many things are already possible with them and even without caustics it is possible to render some quite impressive images.

cyberose.jpg

Image created by David Still.

By,
Martin

P.S. You can wait forever for the next mac which is twice as fast. :wink:

Hey, you posted my image twice. Thanks. =)

That image, in case you're wondering, was extremely easy to create - it's very simple. The material is just a pinkish-red SuperMat, with maybe 30% reflection and 100% transparency, without fourier calculation turned on, and with an Index of Refraction of maybe 1.2 (I can't remember - I made it with the demo version, for I am poor). The reason is appears like it does on the white surface is that the light reflects onto the material (which was maybe 20-30% reflective). I cheated, really.

Just playing around with the materials you use, and perhaps with a little use of Photoshop, you can often replace features that can't be found in Cheetah already. Flexibility helps. =)

Back