Belkin n52te Keypad

Belkin n52te Keypad

Hi Everyone,

As usual I have been lurking on the forum for months and not posting anything. Anyway recently I went out an purchased a N52te keypad to make my editing a bit easier and I've been quite surprised. The n52 was designed as a gaming pad, it has 23 programmable buttons with 3 hardware switchable pages totalling 69 buttons or commands that can be set. Each button on the pad can send a single key stroke, mouse button or a macro comprising of any number and combinations of commands. Anyway that being said I've programmed the pad with all the common command I use when playing with Cheetah and it has certainly made my editing much quicker with far less travel to and from the keyboard.... I've included a couple of pictures so that people can see what it looks like and also its size in relation other devices. (Sorry about the black on black...)

Regards

Chris

desk.jpg

pad.jpg

Chris,

Hey. I've been an avid gamer for almost 30 years. I have the older version of that product and I also love it. I haven't used it with my Mac yet, but you're right. Mine can hold over 45 macros or keystrokes. I use it mainly to do all the "steering" in 3D games, while my mouse does the turns and firing, etc. I can see how this could be useful in 3D modeling.

Happy Modeling!
Robert

Thanks Robert,

I agree, I play a bit of WOW myself and the keypad is great for that. I like how it can be set to auto switch key setups when changing applications. I now have one complete set for Cheetah and another for WOW.

As you have the older N52 I wouldn't recommend upgrading to the latest one. On the support forum there are a lot of people complaining that Belkin have taken away a lot of functionality from the new model for example shift states.

I've never used the old one so I don't know what I'm missing...

Regards

Chris

Thanks Robert,

I agree, I play a bit of WOW myself and the keypad is great for that. I like how it can be set to auto switch key setups when changing applications. I now have one complete set for Cheetah and another for WOW.

As you have the older N52 I wouldn't recommend upgrading to the latest one. On the support forum there are a lot of people complaining that Belkin have taken away a lot of functionality from the new model for example shift states.

I've never used the old one so I don't know what I'm missing...

Regards

Chris

That is one of the big benefits of using that controller with 3D apps, is that you can setup profiles for each program you use and have it automatically load the profile silently as you start your apps and flip between them. Thanks for the tip.

That's an interesting device. I've never seen that. I'm happy to hear that it work well with Cheetah3D. Thanks for the info.:smile:

Bye,
Martin

Back