Wrestling Ring

Wrestling Ring

This is my first model using Cheetah 3D. The modeling tools so far have been fairly intuitive. I have been able to make a low polygon model. My next step is to learn how to create the textures or Map images on the model.

I have watched a couple of tutorials, so lets see if I can figure this out.

20090221-8u727m5m1rtd9ce1cb94n2hqrp.jpg

Poorly UV mapped. But understanding and progress is being made.

Question for you all. Is there a preferred mode of the UV Mapper tool? Cube, flat, etc?
20090221-dwb343jw74cy7pb657i9dx912c.jpg

HI.
If this is one mesh you don´t need the UV Mapper at all, because you can assign up to 16 materials to 16 different polygon selections just per drag&drop.

Cheers
Frank

That is probably true. I was going off the tutorial about a single material for real-time 3d.

I have hopes of creating something of a game sometime... or at least interactive.

okay, modeled a low poly model. Man it's been a long time. It is my webcomic character, Diablito. I would love to build a game around the webcomic sometime in the future. Thanks again for your help with Cheetah3D. So far so good.

20090224-nrqc2scbm4k5r4q4txcsa78iie.jpg

20090224-buct4uwgmttdhjstarqhdet9y8.jpg

Thanks. I'm am thinking of making a game for iphone and I am not sure of the polycount guidelines for a mobile device like that, so I decided to go with as few as I think would be acceptable.

Now I've got to learn to animate him...

Back