Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas!

So I'm a bit late for the contest, but I finally had some time to make a snowy scene. So I thought I post it anyway.
Everything is modelled and rendered in Cheetah. No postprocessing. HDR made in Terragen.

Regards,

Peter

Attachments

• xmas_378.jpg
    xmas_378.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 769
Hi peer,
wow. I'm really sorry about that. That would have been an excellent contest entry.

The next contest will last much longer. So in the next contest you will have enough time to complete your entry before the contest closes.

By,
Martin

Hey, most excellent. That's even better than your normally excellent standard of work - congratulations. =)

I'm sorry you didn't get to enter it, too - on the plus side, you should be content that you were able to create such an excellent scene like that. Good work!

Thanks, this actually was made yesterday in an hour or so. I could do better :wink: And Martin no hard feelings ofcourse :). I'll send a happy newyear's card as well.

Regards,

Peter

peer said:
Thanks, this actually was made yesterday in an hour or so. I could do better :wink:

Wow ! very nice ! And the scene is a good idea too !
Sure looks like you are a serious competitor for the next contest ... :wink: Specially if you have a couple of weeks ahead of you ... :wink: :wink:

Ah come on you guys :oops: You make me blush. :wink:
And Randy the scene is quite simple, everyone could do it.
I think it's more in the materials than in the model. I used a terrainobject and some modified balls, cilinders and boxes.

BTW Martin, the balls should have a blurred reflection but due to the fact I have a plane with snow texture in front of the camera, this doesn't seem to work. Is this the same texture bug that has been show earlier on this forum? If so, will it be fixed in 2.6? I also read that you lost your Addresses. Sorry to hear that, can I apply now for Beta tester aswell :wink: ?

Regards,
Peter

Hi Peter,
blured reflections should work quite well. I'm not aware of a bug with blured reflections. To get blured reflections you normally just have to increase the "angle" property of the reflections settings in the "Material" shader.

By,
Martin

P.S. You are on the beta list.

Attachments

• cheetah3dschnappschuss001_184.jpg
    cheetah3dschnappschuss001_184.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 680
Hi Martin, when I get back home I'll send you the files. Maybe you could have a look?

Thanks,
Regards,

Peter

Back