More cars

More cars

This car was modeled in TouchCAD and exported to Cheetah as DXF. I essentially wanted to see how it worked. The image comes from my third practice session so I'm still learning.

Attachments

• touchcadf_869.jpg
    touchcadf_869.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 2,409
Re: More cars

ludesign said:
This car was modeled in TouchCAD and exported to Cheetah as DXF. I essentially wanted to see how it worked. The image comes from my third practice session so I'm still learning.

Same model but from the back.

Attachments

• touchcadb_826.jpg
    touchcadb_826.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 2,448
Re: More cars

ludesign said:

And from the top.

Attachments

• touchcadtop_187.jpg
    touchcadtop_187.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 4,395
Claus,

Very nice. Are you applying you textures and colors in Cheetah since you are importing a dxf-right? I have yet to get the hang of applying a lot of textures in Cheetah.

Jake said:
Claus,

Very nice. Are you applying you textures and colors in Cheetah since you are importing a dxf-right? I have yet to get the hang of applying a lot of textures in Cheetah.

TouchCAD has a special DXF mode for exporting to rendering programs where it exports color names used by TouchCAD as layers, so all objects come in with names that makes sense. I then generate the textures, in this case between 5 and 10 and drag it to the corresonding colors. In some cases you need to work on it a bit when you have textures with a direction and size. Cheetah does however not read the real DXF colors as it should so evertything comes in as gray.

/Claes

Hi,
wow very nice renderings and very nice car model of course. :D
I will try to add the DXF color import to version 2.3 .

By,
Martin

Back