Down Hill Animation

Down Hill Animation

Hi,

i am working on a vehicle that has to drive a ramp up/down. I am trying several things with the IK-Tags, Rigid Bodies and stuff around that but cannot achieve what i want to realise. Is there any tutorial about rolling a car or any other vehicle down/up a hill?

Thanks a lot in advance …

Detlef

Attachments

• Wagen Schiefe Ebene.jas.zip
    18 KB · Views: 276
Moving the car down with physics and up the ramp should be possible, though moving the tires at the same time to grip the ramp and spin accordingly, I'd have to think about it, having never tried it before.

If the axel rod connects the two cylinders, I'm guessing it'll get held up by the frame of the car unless it wasn't physically hitting the frame, but linked in the same folder.

Just an idea. Not sure yet.

A simple solution would be a spline tracked car without any IK / dynamics. Of course, this may not suit your further requirements :frown:
Servus aus Wien

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-11-01 at 17.42.56.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-01 at 17.42.56.png
    150.4 KB · Views: 342
  • Sample 01.jas.zip
    20.1 KB · Views: 303
C3D doesn't really handle wheels at all. (If you set up a kinematic rigidbody and rotate it, it will move, but getting it to behave like a wheel is pretty much going to be a LOT of hard work with meh results (Unity had "proper" wheels for years that pretty much didn't work — seems better now though.)

Back