Happy New Year!!!

Happy New Year!!!

Hi,
I want to wish you all a happy new year 2011!!!:smile:

So what can you expect Cheetah3D wise from 2011.:smile:
First of all things look quite good that Cheetah3D will be in the Mac App Store from day one. At least if nothing surprising happens in the next days.:wink:

Then there will be a couple of 5.x updates which will mainly focus on improving available features and on workflow enhancements.

The next big thing will then be Cheetah3D 6.0. But it will be less big than former full version updates. The reason behind this is that I don't want to collect features for 18 months or so just to get a hugh full version update. I want to release new features when they are finished and don't want to hold them back for a year. Although that is quite common for big developers I don't really like that. So Cheetah3D 6.0 will have 2-3 medium size new features but therefore many nice 6.x feature updates like Cheetah3D 5.x already had.

Sorry that I can't tell you in which specific order certain features are implemented during 2011 since I don't know that by myself yet. I will decide that from update to update. But many of some quite long standing wishes will be addressed in 2011.:smile:

Bye
Martin

Happy New Year to you too Martin!
Thank you very much for all your hard work and for creating such an intuitive 3D app that the average person can pick up and learn with amazing results.
I'm looking forward to Cheetah in 2011 and I hope it brings big things for you in the upcoming year!

Erin

Happy New Year to you too Martin!:smile:
I have a small question:
People can continue purchase on the website of Cheetah3D.
Sorry my english.
:icon_thumbup: Bye

2010 has been a great year for Cheetah and its community and I got the feeling that 2011 will be even better... thanks Martin, Frank and everyone here!

in these days of joy let me spend a thought for our beloved friend Luke and his family: may your dreams come true, wherever you are.

finally, I'm taking this last chance to share a work which was due last week but my family and job needed most of my spare times lately... sorry :smile:

so, from the Cheetah3D Community to Martin and the Community... Happy 2011!

download Xmas2010 scene

thanks for the great time spent together
best,
Alessandro

P.S.: the scene has not been cleaned out as I'd wanted it to be but... be aware it's not an instant render. many thanks to all those who participated to the competition, I hope someone will find these materials (I added some from the DecoratedPig thread too) and the scene useful. Oh, and don't you touch the big box on the right, it's for Frank ;)

Attachments

• Xmas2010.jpg
    Xmas2010.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 497
Thanks Alessandro for the touching words.
All the best for everyone.

And now: Hand over the big fat box!!! Yummy!!

Regards
Frank

Nicely done Alessandro and thanks for providing the file, I think there's a few things I'll learn from that!

2010 has been a great year for Cheetah and its community and I got the feeling that 2011 will be even better... thanks Martin, Frank and everyone here!

in these days of joy let me spend a thought for our beloved friend Luke and his family: may your dreams come true, wherever you are.

finally, I'm taking this last chance to share a work which was due last week but my family and job needed most of my spare times lately... sorry :smile:

so, from the Cheetah3D Community to Martin and the Community... Happy 2011!

download Xmas2010 scene

thanks for the great time spent together
best,
Alessandro

P.S.: the scene has not been cleaned out as I'd wanted it to be but... be aware it's not an instant render. many thanks to all those who participated to the competition, I hope someone will find these materials (I added some from the DecoratedPig thread too) and the scene useful. Oh, and don't you touch the big box on the right, it's for Frank ;)

WOW! Those bows look beautiful! :D
It was a wonderful contest. :D

Hmm, now that the christmas ball contest is over, I guess more people will enter that t-shirt making one. :)

-- GS

Hi,
I want to wish you all a happy new year 2011!!!:smile:.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................But many of some quite long standing wishes will be addressed in 2011.:smile:

Bye
Martin

Martin,

a very happy new year to you, and all the faithful Cheetah users out there.

I'm certain that Cheetah in 2011 will excite some former users who seem to have disappeared (Tartiflette, Peer, Tim D, Jake) and will attract many new users as well. I'm certain that even our dearly departed friend Luke would have loved what is to come.

thanks for all your efforts with Cheetah. Love your work. :icon_thumbup:

I wishful all of you a happy new year!!! i'm looking forward to all the new things that will come to Cheetah 3d in 2011. Although I don't use Cheetah at this moment, I'm still following these forums to see what updates are bringing to this great program and to see what great things are being made by the users.

I hope that the Mac Store will bring Martin more customers so he can keep on developing!

Best regards,

Peer

Best wishes for all!

Best wishes to you Martin, thanks for an inspiring year!

Best wishes for you forum members, you make the forum a nice and interesting place to visit!

For all of you I wish a wonderful 2011 in all it's dimensions!

gr.,

Miguel

I wishful all of you a happy new year!!! i'm looking forward to all the new things that will come to Cheetah 3d in 2011. Although I don't use Cheetah at this moment, I'm still following these forums to see what updates are bringing to this great program and to see what great things are being made by the users.

I hope that the Mac Store will bring Martin more customers so he can keep on developing!

Best regards,

Peer

Peer,

nice to hear from you again after many many months. Hope all is well with you.

Are you still doing arch viz work ?

Sounds great Martin and I appreciate your consistent releases rather than sitting on things. It enables us to learn the new tools gradually rather than suddenly having a whole bunch of potential dropped in our laps that we may not exploit as well as we could if we were constantly learning and getting familiar with. Does that make sense? lol :)

Wish you and the rest of the forum users a safe and productive 2011!

AaronC

Hi,

So what can you expect Cheetah3D wise from 2011.:smile:
First of all things look quite good that Cheetah3D will be in the Mac App Store from day one. At least if nothing surprising happens in the next days.:wink:

Martin

Congrats Martin - the Mac App Store opened this morning and Cheetah3D is in the initial apps being offered. Great job and we all hope this is a huge opportunity for you and this amazing product. Good luck!

I tried to give it a great review but to review it you must have purchased it from the app store.

Cheers,
Tom

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-01-06 at 9.37.10 AM.jpg
    Screen shot 2011-01-06 at 9.37.10 AM.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 308
Back