Transparent background in animation rendering

Transparent background in animation rendering

Hi there, I am new to the animation/3D world so please bear with me! I would like to make a short animated scene to have for one of my presentations. The problem I am having is setting the background of the rendered animation to transparent. I have set the camera background to transparent (0% opacity) and during rendering the background is transparent but the finished product always has the black background.

Any ideas on this?

Thanks!

paris

parism,

Are you taking this into another package and compositing it? If so pick a key color like lime green for you background-something not in your main character.

You should then be able to take into you other software and choose the green color as transparent. The animation will then play over the background of you choice.

Jake said:
parism,

Are you taking this into another package and compositing it? If so pick a key color like lime green for you background-something not in your main character.

You should then be able to take into you other software and choose the green color as transparent. The animation will then play over the background of you choice.

Hi, I am trying not too, I do have FC Express that I was using (lightly) a couple of years back. I'll have to have a go with a simple animation as you suggested and will report back soon.

There must be a way to do this in C3D though, perhaps Martin can elaborate on this...

Thanks!

paris

Jake do you know if there is a movie codec which supports the alpha channel. I send the alpha channel to quicktime but for some reasons it doesn't work. :cry:

During the rendering of the animation I don't use Quicktime for the preview of the single frames. That's why the transparancy appears correct.

By,
Martin

Martin said:
Jake do you know if there is a movie codec which supports the alpha channel. I send the alpha channel to quicktime but for some reasons it doesn't work. :cry:

During the rendering of the animation I don't use Quicktime for the preview of the single frames. That's why the transparancy appears correct.

By,
Martin

I don't know Martin. I'll dig around and see what I can find out.

Back