Proxies?

Proxies?

Hi folks!

is there a way (or workaround) to use low-rez proxies and then have an high-rez version of the mesh(es) rendered?

I have a scene with quite some vegetation I need to see from various angles so I can't use low poly ones (well, I could but setting up one scene/file for each camera view which is kind of annoying) and even if I use instanced duplicates when I put one copy of each different plant I need in one single file I have 8.5M tris and 8Gb of ram are almost gone... (yep, in the real scene there's more too: buildings, textures, etc.)

thank you,
Alessandro

Hi folks!

is there a way (or workaround) to use low-rez proxies and then have an high-rez version of the mesh(es) rendered?

I have a scene with quite some vegetation I need to see from various angles so I can't use low poly ones (well, I could but setting up one scene/file for each camera view which is kind of annoying) and even if I use instanced duplicates when I put one copy of each different plant I need in one single file I have 8.5M tris and 8Gb of ram are almost gone... (yep, in the real scene there's more too: buildings, textures, etc.)

thank you,
Alessandro

Hi Alessandro,

is there any way you can break the scene into various parts and put it together in Photoshop?

Cheers

Terry

Back