Any advice for IOS animations?

Any advice for IOS animations?

I'm hoping someone can share advice, pointers, or useful getting started links for doing animations on IOS.

I have been asked to make some animations for an IOS app. I can do the requested animations fine. I am just not sure what the best / proper format to integrate them for IOS is.

I was upfront with the client about not having prior IOS experience. A friend of mine works at the company and got me the interview. They did say I would have some support from their programers, who should be able to explain what the technical specifications are.

But I would like to get a head start if any one here has any advice or info - particularly in regards to using Cheetah for IOS.

For example, are there ways of integrating a Cheetah model into some fundamental aspects of an IOS application, or would the animation need to be an image sequence (and if an image sequence, what is the preferred format).

SPECIFICS of the project:

Basically, client needs some simple one dimensional animations of file icons responding like a piece of paper blowing in the wind. And similar, though less elastic, movements for folder icons.

These icons are a primary aspect of the application (which provides remote server connections for cloud based file access).

If I did the animation in Cheetah as a polygon plane, would it be feasible to transfer that with morph targets or some kind of rigging to IOS? I know Cheetah 3d plays really well with Unity 3D, but I am assuming anything exported from Cheetah to Unity for use in IOS would require the entire application to be built in Unity? Or can distinct Unity IOS elements (such as the icon animations) be integrated separately into an IOS application built outside of the Unity framework?

Again, though, would a simple image sequence be preferred?

This is all new to me so I really do appreciate any feedback or experiences others care to share. I have been wanting to move into IOS development for a while and this could be a good kick start.

Back