A couple of tutorials

A couple of tutorials

I put a couple of tutorials on my site. Hopefully I'll be able to add a few more shortly. The first one is an introduction to the interface, for new users and the second one is a brief introduction to model making and uv mapping.

Hope you like them.

Andrew

P.S. My site is http://www.antialias.me.uk

Hi Andrew,
this is fantastic. There couldn't be enough tutorial ever. :D :D
Now I finally know where I have to point people who ask me about a introduction of the Cheetah3D UI like setup the layout etc. Excellent. :D

Bye,
Martin

Thanks Martin

I've added 2 new tutorials for splines and polygons, any comments or suggestions would be most appreciated. If users want more let me know.

Andrew

Cheer.

A big cheer for you, Andrew!!!;)
Some very good tutorials about C3d. I've all understood, however I'm French, so... :rolleyes: Congratulations.

fused said:
I've added 2 new tutorials for splines and polygons, any comments or suggestions would be most appreciated. If users want more let me know.

Fantastic new tutorials. :D

Just one small idea. What video codec do you use? The quality is excellent but I have to wait until the hole video is downloaded until Safari starts the movie. I think it is better if the movie starts once the first few movie frames are downloaded.

Bye,
Martin

I think it is better if the movie starts once the first few movie frames are downloaded.
I totally agree, the codec is supposed to be H.264 but I'm sure that stream loads. Anyway I'll have another go.

Thanks

Andrew :)

Last edited:
Hi,
that's strange but I also don't know how to change that behaviour. I always thought that .h264 is streaming by default. But that is obviously not the case.

Bye,
Martin

Can you please add somewhere the filesize, if it´s possible? Thanx.
I want to add alot more tutorials, if I put them on full size my bandwidth and webspace would be eaten away very quickly.
Andrew- Can't open your tutorials. I have aMAC OX TIGER
I'm using 10.4.7 with quicktime 7.1.2, the codec for the tutorials is H.264. Martin did comment that he needed to download the whole tutorial before it would start playing in this browser. I am resaving them as streamed versions but at the moment the results are poor so it may be a little time.

Andrew

Hi Andrew,
which app did you use to record the tutorials? I use "Snapz Pro X" and the movies created stream. But Snapz Pro X has some problems under OS X Intel :(
Maybe the developer of your screen capture app can help you out.

Bye,
Martin

P.S. Nice new tutorials. :D

Artits to Artist

Hi Andrew.
Can you please add somewhere the filesize, if it´s possible? Thanx.
With kindest regards
Frank

Yo Frank-

Do you have any of your images to share. I am new to Cheetah 3D. I wanted to see how far one to take this software, mainly to just reach out to other users, if you don't mind.

Thanks,

Savnac

Website Problems?

Hi, on your website, all i get is your header, the bar, a photo and a place to add to basket. is this normal (And i'm being a jerk) or is there a way of getting to your on-line tutorials?

Thanks, sorry if i'm being a retard

The ideal option for doing video tutorials is to record as an uncompressed format (e.g. PNG) then do the editing and then export to a final format (H264, for instance). I'm guessing Andrew is doing all this.

If you use QuickTime Pro and export to MPEG4 and pick a broadband preset it will choose all your settings correctly to get streaming video. I believe the playback issue may be a consequence of keyframe settings. Advanced codecs require two keyframes to render any given frame -- the preceding and succeeding keyframes. If you don't insert keyframes at some interval you can't render a frame until the final keyframe (at the end of the movie).

Attachments

• Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    99.9 KB · Views: 674
Regarding streaming - if you're exporting using QT Pro, H264 is great and click on the "fast start" option. This will compress the headers of the movie such that they are at the start and then it'll stream OK.

This is also true for any tool that compresses using QuickTime technology (such as iMovie, Stomp, etc etc).

Just thought it might help someone here.

Andrew or "Fused" that is his name on the forum has redisigned his webpage so he has probably not got up the tutorials yet. Is there anything special subject you are looking for or need help to?

Back