Help needed for bump mapping

Help needed for bump mapping

Hi, I am rather new to Cheetah3D, as I have been using 3DS Max for the past few years.
I am wondering why I cannot get bump maps to work with one of my materials.... here is what happens.

The first picture shows the scene I want, missing the crucial element... my Tag. The second shows my tag, same exact texture as the other blocks, but with a bump map.... see whats wrong?

I was wondering if there was a particular format in which the bump texture had to be in... I tried targa and Tiff, two that worked fone in 3DS Max, and neither fixed my problem... So help would be appreciated!

And another thing... how do you change the resolution in which the renders are done?
Thanks

Marc-Antoine Legault
-= Swordfish Designs =-

Attachments

• render3.jpg
    render3.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 342
  • Render4.jpg
    Render4.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 340
The resolution is set in the camera object. Click on the cameraicon and you can change the resolution in the object info box. The bumpmap can be in several formats. Just make sure that the UV scale is correct or else you won't see the final result. Have a look in the manual how to use bumpmapping.
If you need further help, let us know.

Regards,

Peter

Hi,
for Cheetah3d you need a relief bump map. These textures are normally greyscale images.
Cheetah3D doesn't support the violet-blue-pink bump maps which are common for game bump maps for example.

By,
Martin

Back