Next question

Next question

I am working through the help files and trying out all the tools, etc. I've run into a problem with the bulge modifier. I created a tube, changed the inner radius to 0.47, and the scale as follows: x: 0.686, y: 2.308, z: 1.003.

I then created a bulge modifier with the following settings:
BULGE
position:
x: 0.000
y: 0.123
z: 0.000
rotation:
h: 0.000
p: 0.000
b: 0.000
scale:
x: 1.003
y: 0.284
z: 1.003
PROPERTIES
cage:
x: 1.000
y: 1.000
z: 1.000
type:
in cage
x-axis: checked
z-axis: checked
strength: - 0.600

I dragged the bulge inside the tube on the browser, but there was no deformation. The help files said the z axis should be UNchecked to bulge along the Z axis, but when i did that, both bulge and tube disappeared from the viewing window.

I've experimented with changing settings, but i can't get it so the tube narrows along its length. The best i've gotten is that the tube flares at one end. Oh, and yes, the mode tag is checked for "visible in editor."

Any insight into why this isn't working would be appreciated. Sorry for the long post. I had a screenshot of the settings prepared, but i'm unable to post attachments. Thanks, L

Re: Next question

Hi Lisa,
you probably have to increase the "sections height" property of the tube object. If you only have one height section you just get a straint line when you bulge.

Attaching a image is limited to 100 kB. Under 100 kB should be no problem.

I hope that helps.

By,
Martin

Back