Render Colors Messed Up After Snow Leopard

Render Colors Messed Up After Snow Leopard

Martin,

I just re-rendered an image after installing Snow Leopard and now the colors are all messed up on certain parts. It's in the viewport and in the render.

Please see the first attached image. The second image is what it's supposed to look like and was rendered some time ago. If it were a problem with the OS, I would expect both images to have the same colorization issues. Thus, I believe it's coming from Cheetah + Snow Leopard incompatibility issues (perhaps?).

Meanwhile, please tell me that there's a fix and/or patch for Cheetah coming soon.

Attachments

• LivingRoom3MessedUp.png
    LivingRoom3MessedUp.png
    287.6 KB · Views: 256
  • LivingRoom3_2.jpg
    LivingRoom3_2.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 256
Last edited:
dear Robert,
I read that the default gamma for Snow Leo is 2.2 instead of 1.8... maybe this causes the problem?

cheers,
Alessandro

Thanks. I checked that last night, as well as various color profiles. Nothing fixes it. Other apps aren't showing the problem, so it's definitely something to do with how Cheetah works with Snow Leopard.

Martin,

I just re-rendered an image after installing Snow Leopard and now the colors are all messed up on certain parts. It's in the viewport and in the render.

Please see the first attached image. The second image is what it's supposed to look like and was rendered some time ago. If it were a problem with the OS, I would expect both images to have the same colorization issues. Thus, I believe it's coming from Cheetah + Snow Leopard incompatibility issues (perhaps?).

Meanwhile, please tell me that there's a fix and/or patch for Cheetah coming soon.

Dear Robert

What were the settings of the Original render ie gamma 1.8 ? and secondly the other render has a different carpet and what looks to me as a different sun setting .

Could you not just run the original file with Snow Leopard and then post that. I might hep track the problem.

Regards

Luke

Dear Robert

What were the settings of the Original render ie gamma 1.8 ? and secondly the other render has a different carpet and what looks to me as a different sun setting .

Could you not just run the original file with Snow Leopard and then post that. I might hep track the problem.

Regards

Luke

Luke,

Hey. I realize it's a different rug, but the floor texture is the same. No other settings were changed (not even the sun). Even before rendering, I get off colors in the viewport (and no, those areas are not selected). I checked my textures in Preview and they show up fine, but not in Cheetah.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2009-08-29 at 9.41.00 AM.jpg
    Screen shot 2009-08-29 at 9.41.00 AM.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:
Just trying the cautious route here, not trying to say it's your fault or anything.

Did you check that everything is in order, and that all linked files are in place? Also, did you check file formats for textures? Are you 100% certain that nothing has changed in the file? I've done crazy things myself, so I know funny things can slip by without one noticing. Basically, (greatest piece of advice I ever got) make sure to check the connections.

Andreu,

No worries. I understand your questions. Yes, I checked everything to include the textures in Preview (as stated before). I even reassigned the textures to be certain. I'm still getting the problem.

I've even tried the same textures and/or other ones in a new file basically assigning them to a box. Same problem occurs.

Does anyone else have SL installed and are either having or not having problems?

Dear Robbert

That is Strange and kinda worrying, as I too have ordered snow leopard. So I won't be installing it until there is a solution to this.

I will have a go on a macbook intel version and see if I get the same problem. But I might well leave the macpro alone.

The only other thing I can think of is it might be the graphic card, but I can't see why and the gamma going from 1.8 to what 2.2 as SurfingAlien pointed out. And why that would affect anything I'm not sure ?

I guess it's one for Martin

Regards

Luke

Luke,

It is worrying. My MacBook Pro is an intel-based mac with a GeForce 8600M GT. I changed the Gamma and color profile settings last night to no effect. My other apps aren't doing this, so it's very likely in how Cheetah and SL work together. I wonder if it's the OpenCL usage of SL. If so, this would further the request of Martin to make Cheetah use OpenCL.

Same model as me then? Penryn 2.4GHz C2D with 8600GT.

I've had no problems with my 8600GT, and I play games for hours quite often. It gets really warm.

Do you experience problems like you have to reboot to make external monitor work or such?

Hey Flow. I don't know if it's the same chip, exactly. No, I don't have to reboot. Like most laptops, it gets hot, but mainly where the hard drive is. I bought a lap pad for mine that keeps it off my lap, so heat isn't an issue (other than it should run cooler, anyway).

If you need a lap pad, I recommend mine. www.Xpad4Laptop.com ($25 USD). It's even cheaper now, than when I bought it. I also wrote a review on it you can read at www.epinions.com

Last edited:
Hi,
I've already localized and fixed that problem. It will work correctly again in the next update.

Bye,
Martin

Back