seeking general modeling advice

seeking general modeling advice

So I have almost finished modeling all the furniture I need for a little scene that I am working on. Some of you have already helped me a great deal, getting me started and guiding me on the first 2 pieces.

I went ahead and did the next 2 on my own, and so now I want retrospective help... Advice on how I could have / should have done these better.

First the Horatio Sofa: (with reference pics)

Attachments

• horatiosofa.jpg
    horatiosofa.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 257
  • HoratioSofa2.zip
    32.2 KB · Views: 275
  • 33981.jpg
    33981.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 263
  • 33981-b.jpg
    33981-b.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 266
  • 33981-d.jpg
    33981-d.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 266
Next, a simple nesting table:

Attachments

• maxnestingtable.jpg
    maxnestingtable.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 253
  • NestingTable.jas.zip
    33.6 KB · Views: 245
  • 6189168143_L.jpg
    6189168143_L.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 259
Both of these models are fantastic

The only criticism I have is they both look too clean and they dont look lived with. On the pic of the sofa the cushions look fuller and not so even.

Personally for me if you make each cushion look slighty different it will look better, but thats just my two penneth.

Thanks for the input. I couldn't agree more about the cushions on the couch. With familiarity I'll pay more attention to these details. For now it is just one object arrayed.
I assume you've looked at them in Cheetah? Would you have done each of the tables as one single object? What about the couch?

On a side note I think I should have posted this in general rather than tutorials. If anyone has the power to move it please feel free.

To be honest I dont have a great deal of knowledge of cheetah (like Frank or Luke)

But from what I see you have done both exactly how I would have done it. I think you are best of leaving them as seperate Items gives you more scope for movement so they can be dressed in your scenes naturally

Not sure you need any help, these are great! Only thing that struck me was that the sofa doesn't look stable. It's only got 3 legs - surely that isn't going to work?

Back