how to make people

LOL!

NOT THAT!!!

Seriously though, I would also like to see a tutorial for this. (Modeling, not the other thing) :tongue:

Shouldn't that be " when a polygon cage and a subdivision modifier love each other very much..." :mrgreen:

There are quite a few tutorials on the web for modelling people. If you could post a pic of the sort of thing you want to do, and say if you know how to box model, UV map, etc... that would make it easier to make suggestions.

well im new at this i got it about a week or two ago so i dont know much about it and if you could help me out ill greatly like it.

thx

If you are that new to 3d, a full person may be a bit ambitious to start with. :smile: I would suggest you work through the tutorials that come with Cheetah and then perhaps have a look at Andrews dvd "Cheetah 3d for beginners" (http://www.antialias.me.uk/) to familiarise yourself with the basics first.

Certainly, *realistic* people is not for the faint-hearted. If you go for a stylized figure (one of Blender's tutorials is for a gingerbread man I think) you can get quite far.

Andrew (fused) did the video tutorial on character animation that is in the help file. (He may of had a hand in the others, I don't know.) He used to have some of the parts from the dvd on his site, but I believe he is in the middle of redoing it, so they are not there at the moment.
This is the thread on the DVD.

http://www.wengenmayer.de/forum/showthread.php?t=910&highlight=beginners

As for shipping to the US and NTSC, you'll have to contact him and ask. :smile:

Thats a cool silo tutorial there. Sparked some ideas. I made my first figure! Well, its a robot. :) I need to get better at materials and uv stuff -- uv is like hitting a wall.

Hmm, it would be sort of cool if cheeta3d had an alias feature with a transform. So, edit one model and its alias(s) would be modified too all over the place.

Attachments

• robot.jpg
    robot.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 269
Last edited:
Hmm, it would be sort of cool if cheeta3d had an alias feature with a transform. So, edit one model and its alias(s) would be modified too all over the place.

Aliases within a file would be great to have but until then, you can fake this by using the smart folder. Save a part in a file and use this part within a smart folder in a different file

Back